This journal pocket card has been on my creative wish list since forever!
Finally, we are settled into our home. The pocket albums are on the bookshelf and it was time to make something just for me.
I have wanted to do title cards with the name of the month for my pocket albums for ages!
You’ll find 10+ creative card ideas using the parakeet party in-color to inspire your next crafting session in the Blog Hop below!
I am joining in with the Art With Heart Team’s Colour Creations Blog Hop with this Starry Sky journal pocket card.
What you need
Starry Sky from Stampin’ Ups!® 2022-2024 in-colour family is our focus and I have gone with a parakeet party base, layered with Tea Boutique patterned paper, parakeet party ribbon and Starry Sky die cut letters. The journal pocket card is finished with a basic white journaling card, ruled with black lines.
How gorgeous is that patterned paper?
Journal Pocket Card Recipe
It can’t get any easier to make! Follow the instructions below.
- Begin with a 20 cm x 16.2 cm piece of Parakeet Party card stock.
- Cut two pieces of patterned paper. Piece 1: 4 cm x 14.5 cm. Piece 2: 7 cm x 14.6 cm.
- Line long edge along side of trimmer and score at 10.1 cm.
- Move to 17.6 cm and score again.
- Line short edge to side of trimmer and score at 0.5 cm. Turn card stock 180° and score again at 0.5 cm.
- Trim along 0.5 cm score lines to 17.6 cm score line (removing a piece that is about an inch long). Repeat on both sides.
- Turn card stock 180° and trim along 0.5 score line to 10.1 cm score line.
- Die cut border where score line is closet to the edge. Fold and burnish to front of card.
- Adhere 4 cm x 14.5 cm patterned paper to back of pocket.
- Die cut desired letters and adhere letters. (Top Tip: Use adhesive paper attached to card stock for die cutting letters!)
- Apply multipurpose glue to tabs. Fold and burnish pocket.
- Adhere patterned paper to front of pocket.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon: 20 cm and 15 cm.
- Adhere ribbon underneath border edge and adhere border to front of pocket. Tie bow. Use a glue dot for extra secure adhesion.
- Make journaling card.
- Cut Basic White card 15 cm x 7.5 cm.
- Corner punch the top two corners and add a tag to help pull card from pocket.
- Rule lines onto journaling card using ruler and black pen.
- Slide journaling card into pocket!
- If you would like to watch this tutorial, you’ll have to subscribe to my newsletter, as this is a June 2022 exclusive tutorial!
Thank you for stopping by today. I am excited to explore ways you can save time and organise your card making supplies so that busy card makers like you can make more cards, more often. That’s what it means to be ‘eager to stamp’!
Next on our Parakeet Party Blog Hop is the very talented Tina Gillespie. Click on the link below.