Have you seen the adorable Kindest Gnomes stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! July to December mini catalogue?
When I saw the four different gnomes and their mushroom house I knew it was a Must-Have for my collection! And it’s versatile! So it doesn’t have to be used only for Christmas. In fact, I’m going to show you a gorgeous thank you card that I made with it.
I’m taking part in Kylie’s International Blog Highlights for July. I’m so excited to showcase my card amongst some amazing card artisans! This is a contest where your vote counts towards the Top 10, who will then go on to participate in an International Blog Hop. Would you consider voting for my card? I’d really appreciate it!
How to do Voting?
Click on this link to cast a vote for all the cards you love. Please look for my card #11 and click on the little heart sign on the right-hand top side of my photo. Once you’ve touched the little clear heart it will turn to Red Color and that is the notification that you voted. You can vote for up to five, but it’s not required, you can also just vote for one. Thanks so much, I truly appreciate it!
Kindest Gnomes: What you need
This Kindest Gnomes Thank You card uses a Mint Macaron cardstock base, which has been dry embossed with the Tree Rings hybrid embossing folder. A Mint Macaron/ Basic White layered tag is decorated with Rings of Love patterned paper, stamped image and a Mint Macaron ribbon.
Kindest Gnomes Thank You Card Recipe
It really is an easy card to make. Follow the instructions below.
- Create a 10.5 cm x 14.8 cm Mint Macaron card base and round the bottom corners.
- Emboss the front with the Tree Ring Hybrid embossing folder.
- Cut a piece of Mint Macaron 6.5 cm x 14.3 cm and round the bottom corners.
- Cut a piece of Basic White 6 cm x 13.8 cm and round the bottom corners.
- Stamp the gnome in the bottom right corner, close to the bottom edge, using Memento ink.
- Stamp the Mushroom house half on/ half off the Basic White using the Memento ink, setting it in the background to the gnome.
- Colour with Stampin’ Blends the Gnome hat and Mushroom top in Poppy Parade.
- Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends were used to colour the mushroom door, the shoes and shirt of the gnome. Crushed Curry in Stampin’ markers coloured the gnome’s pants.
- Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ blends created the shadowing to help ‘ground’ the images.
- Cut a piece of Soft Suede 6 cm x 3 cm and edge with the paper edging border die from Blossoming Happiness. Adhere just above the stamped images.
- Cut a piece of Rings of Love patterned paper 6 cm x 5 cm and adhere over the Soft Suede, leaving a gap at the top.
- Cut a 30 cm length of Basic White seam binding ribbon and colour with Mint Macaron Stampin’ blends. Wrap around the top of the stamped panel and tie into a bow. Trim the ends.
- Adhere the panel onto the Mint Macaron layer.
- Stamp Thank You onto a scrap piece of Mint Macaron and cut a banner tail. Curl label using bone folder and adhere to the back of the Mint Macaron panel.
- Adhere foam mounts to the back of the Mint Macaron panel and adhere the entire panel to the right side of the card front, leaving a small gap.
This was so quick and easy that I have whipped out plenty to send to everyone that orders with me during July! Here’s some other thank you cards that I have made.
Thank you for stopping by today. I am excited to explore ways you can save time and organise your card making supplies so that busy card makers like you can make more cards, more often. That’s what it means to be ‘eager to stamp’!