Today’s post features the gorgeous Whimsical Woodland Embossing Folder to create a Chocolate Slider Box that I will be giving as end of year teacher gifts.
The colour combination is Balmy Blue, Pacific Point and Basic White. The Storybook Gnomes patterned paper features two lovely sheets of snowflakes that you can see in the tag and bottom of the box.
Have you seen the adorable Whimsical Woodland Embossing Folder from Stampin’ Up?
I nearly missed it in the catalogue but my attention was drawn to it when I saw it being used by one of my favourite Instagram card makers.
Today I am using a fun swiping technique to highlight the gorgeous images of this Whimsical Woodland Embossing Folder.
I am joining the Art With Heart Team in the Heart of Christmas Stampin’ Up! Blog hop, where you will find 10+ simple and creative card ideas to inspire your Christmas crafting sessions!
What you need
This Chocolate Slider Box has been designed to hold a 170g chocolate bar. It features a closed base and a ribbon pulley to reveal the chocolate bar contained inside the gorgeous gift packaging.
To see how I achieved the white wash look on the Whimsical Woodland embossed card stock, please watch this video.
Whimsical Woodland Chocolate Slider Gift Box Recipe
- Using your choice of coloured card-stock cut it to 22.5 cm x 19 cm.
- Score the long edge at 9 cm, 10.5 cm, 19.5 cm and 21 cm.
- Score the short edge at 1.5 cm.
- Along this score line, cut and taper the tabs up to the 1.5 cm score line. Remove the 1.5 cm tab at the end.
- Measure the large panels from score line to score line, 1 cm from the top and mark at 4.5 cm. Single hole punch at each mark. Set aside.
- Emboss a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock (or your co-ordinating choice) using the Whimsical Woodland embossing folder. Using the white craft ink pad, brush it across the surface of the embossed card stock.
- Cut the embossed piece to 14.8 cm x 9 cm.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper 3 cm x 9 cm.
- Adhere the embossed piece to the front panel and the patterned paper along the bottom. Re-punch the hole.
- Fold along the score lines to create the box. Apply glue to the side tab and press the edges together to seal the box closed.
- Fold the two small base tabs in, fold the first base tab down and apply glue. Press the second tab onto the glue to seal the base closed.
- Cut a piece of ribbon 70 cm in length.
- Thread the ribbon through the punched holes and bring them together evenly at both sides.
- Place the bar of chocolate between the two pieces of ribbon and push down into the box, so the chocolate bar and the ribbon go inside the box.
- Tie the tag to the ribbon and then tie the ribbon to secure the chocolate inside the box.
If you enjoyed this Christmas craft post, you might enjoy this Christmas gift tag post! It gives you all the details on how to make the tag featured on the Chocolate Slider Gift box.Product List
Thank you for stopping by today. I am excited to explore ways you can save time and organise your card making supplies so that busy card makers like you can make more cards, more often. That’s what it means to be ‘eager to stamp’!
Next on our Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop is the very talented Theresa Gerrard. Click on the link below.
If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Sharon Davern’s blog.
11 comments on “Whimsical Woodland Embossing Chocolate Slider Box”
What a fabulous gift box! I love the white-washed embossing. I hadn’t noticed this EF until tonight’s blog hop, but I will be adding it to my next order!
Such a lovely gift, and beautiful colour combination, Amie. The white ink added to the embossed panels gives a gorgeous effect. Beautifully done!
Great use of the Whimsical Woodland folder on your slider box, what a wonderful gift.
A delightful Chocolate slider box Amie. Loved the effect of swiping on the embossed card-stock. Xxx
Oooh love the wintry colours you have used in your gift box Amie. The layered tag looks beautiful and thanks for the instructions on this gift box style using a ribbon pulley!
Oh I love it and the embossing folder is going to have to make it into my next order. Great effect you got with the white on the embossing folder!
What a fantastic 3D project Amie! Love the whitewashed technique .
Beautiful Amie, but you had me at ‘chocolate’!!!! I love your white wash technique and it looks amazing with this particular embossing folder. The tag is a great feature and the sentiment in Pacific Point is a real standout!
Amie what a fabulous way to gift a block of chocolate! The whitewash technique you have used adds a lovely softness.
I enjoyed watching your videos Amie. I love this embossing folder but hadn’t thought of swiping it with white craft ink. I will be giving it a try now though. Your chocolate box and tag will be a big hit as teacher gifts.
Just gorgeous Amie! Such a beautiful gift wrap box for some yummy chocolate. Loving all the shades of blue.