Today’s post features the adorable Tree Lot die Camper and Gnome from the Gnome dies.
The colour combination is Balmy Blue, Sahara Sand and Soft Suede.
Have you seen the adorable Tree Lot die Camper and Gnome dies in the 2022 July to December Stampin’ Up! catalogue? Well, the Tree Lot dies are actually in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue because they are FREE! with a $180 order.
I am joining the Art With Heart Team in the Heart of Christmas Stampin’ Up! Blog hop, where you will find 10+ simple and creative card ideas to inspire your Christmas crafting sessions!
The design for this card has been on my mind since seeing the camper dies in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. Christmas in Australia falls in summer, so there’s no snowy landscapes for us but there is plenty of beach. For some lucky Aussies, there’s also camping!
I’m hoping this gnome is wearing his light weight summery hat, haha, for his Christmas at the beach!
Today I am using sponging to create the card background. Looking at the photo I feel I could have gone heavier with the Balmy Blue. I stamped off the islands in the background twice before stamping onto the card.
What you need
The Tree Lot dies have provided the camper and it’s little details (curtains and panels). It also provided the string of lights and the sign. I cut the palms from the Palm dies and stamped the islands with Oceanfront. The Kindest Gnomes stamp set and co-ordinating dies completed my card.
Camper and Gnome Card Recipe
- Standard Thick Basic White card base: 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm.
- Sponge Sahara Sand along bottom half of the card base.
- Sponge Daffodil Delight along top quarter of the card base.
- Sponge Balmy Blue between the Sahara Sand and the Daffodil Delight.
- Ink up the Oceanfront stamp in Soft Suede, stamp off twice onto scrap paper and then stamp where the Balmy Blue meets the Daffodil Delight.
- Die cut two palm tree trunks and the string of lights in Soft Suede.
- Die cut the palm tree top in Garden Green.
- Die cut the caravan and sign in Sahara Sand. Keep the window cut outs.
- Die cut the caravan panels in Basic White.
- Die cut the caravan curtains in Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Basic White.
- Adhere the Daffodil Delight curtain to the Basic White curtain and then adhere the Pumpkin Pie curtain to the Daffodil Delight curtain.
- Adhere the curtain to the top of the caravan window and back with the window cut-out.
- Place the Sahara Sand sign inside the Timber 3D embossing folder and run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Colour 15 cm white twine with Soft Suede. Allow to dry.
- Tie the coloured twine into a bow around the sign stem.
- Stamp Season’s Greetings from Penguin Place with Memento ink onto the sign.
- Stamp the standing Kindest Gnome in Memento ink. Colour with Stampin’ Blends: Light Balmy Blue, Light Old Olive, Dark Old Olive, So Saffron, 900 and Smoky Slate.
- Die cut the gnome using the dies. (I trimmed it closer to the outline to remove the white).
- Adhere the caravan first to the card and adhere the door window back in place. Stamp the spotty image from Oceanfront to create a path using Sahara Sand.
- Place the palm trees and string of lights in desired positions. Adhere the lights and then the palm trees.
- Adhere fine sparkle gems to the light positions.
- Foam mount the gnome and the sign. Adhere to the front of the card.
If you enjoyed this beachy Christmas camper and gnome craft post, you might enjoy this thank you gnome card! It gives you all the details on how to make the tag featured on the Chocolate Slider Gift box.Product List
Thank you for stopping by today. I am excited to explore ways you can save time and organise your card making supplies so that busy card makers like you can make more cards, more often. That’s what it means to be ‘eager to stamp’!
Next on our Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop is the very talented Andrea Sargent. Click on the link below.
If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Sharon Davern‘s blog.
11 comments on “Adorable Camper and Gnome Beachy Christmas Card”
OMG, so cute! The caravan look amazing, and I love the look of the lights on the string.
Amie your card put a smile on my face….so cute! Love the scene and those glittery lights. Let’s hope the gnomes hat is made of a light summer fabric lol.
What a great beachy, Aussie, summer holiday Christmas card!! You are right, the gnome is fantastic with the caravan, and I love the string of lights between the palm trees!
This is such a fantastic summery Christmas card, Amie! I love the mash up of the gnomes and the caravan – how adorable is your string of lights!
A great Southern Hemisphere Christmas card, Amie. The details on the caravan, and accompanying dies, are gorgeous. You’ve used them beautifully.
This is a perfect Aussie summer Christmas card, love it Amie!
How adorable! Love so much about your card, but I think the way you have done the lights tops them all. A great Christmas card!
Oh what a cute scene you have created Amie! I love how you have used the gems for the hanging lights.
What a great summer Christmas card, Amie. I love the triple curtain in the caravan and your background is beautifully soft and subtle. The sparkly gems look great for the lights!
Wow, I love your Aussie beach Christmas card, you have made it oh so cute with a tropical theme.
Amie this card is beyond cute and so perfect for an Aussie Christmas card. Your background for the Gnome and caravan are perfect and I love the lights! What a great card! Love it!