Today’s post features the adorable Tree Lot die Camper and Gnome from the Gnome dies.
The colour combination is Balmy Blue, Sahara Sand and Soft Suede.
Have you seen the adorable Tree Lot die Camper and Gnome dies in the 2022 July to December Stampin’ Up! catalogue? Well, the Tree Lot dies are actually in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue because they are FREE! with a $180 order.
I am joining the Art With Heart Team in the Heart of Christmas Stampin’ Up! Blog hop, where you will find 10+ simple and creative card ideas to inspire your Christmas crafting sessions!
The design for this card has been on my mind since seeing the camper dies in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. Christmas in Australia falls in summer, so there’s no snowy landscapes for us but there is plenty of beach. For some lucky Aussies, there’s also camping!
I’m hoping this gnome is wearing his light weight summery hat, haha, for his Christmas at the beach!
Today I am using sponging to create the card background. Looking at the photo I feel I could have gone heavier with the Balmy Blue. I stamped off the islands in the background twice before stamping onto the card.
What you need
The Tree Lot dies have provided the camper and it’s little details (curtains and panels). It also provided the string of lights and the sign. I cut the palms from the Palm dies and stamped the islands with Oceanfront. The Kindest Gnomes stamp set and co-ordinating dies completed my card.
Camper and Gnome Card Recipe
- Standard Thick Basic White card base: 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm.
- Sponge Sahara Sand along bottom half of the card base.
- Sponge Daffodil Delight along top quarter of the card base.
- Sponge Balmy Blue between the Sahara Sand and the Daffodil Delight.
- Ink up the Oceanfront stamp in Soft Suede, stamp off twice onto scrap paper and then stamp where the Balmy Blue meets the Daffodil Delight.
- Die cut two palm tree trunks and the string of lights in Soft Suede.
- Die cut the palm tree top in Garden Green.
- Die cut the caravan and sign in Sahara Sand. Keep the window cut outs.
- Die cut the caravan panels in Basic White.
- Die cut the caravan curtains in Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Basic White.
- Adhere the Daffodil Delight curtain to the Basic White curtain and then adhere the Pumpkin Pie curtain to the Daffodil Delight curtain.
- Adhere the curtain to the top of the caravan window and back with the window cut-out.
- Place the Sahara Sand sign inside the Timber 3D embossing folder and run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Colour 15 cm white twine with Soft Suede. Allow to dry.
- Tie the coloured twine into a bow around the sign stem.
- Stamp Season’s Greetings from Penguin Place with Memento ink onto the sign.
- Stamp the standing Kindest Gnome in Memento ink. Colour with Stampin’ Blends: Light Balmy Blue, Light Old Olive, Dark Old Olive, So Saffron, 900 and Smoky Slate.
- Die cut the gnome using the dies. (I trimmed it closer to the outline to remove the white).
- Adhere the caravan first to the card and adhere the door window back in place. Stamp the spotty image from Oceanfront to create a path using Sahara Sand.
- Place the palm trees and string of lights in desired positions. Adhere the lights and then the palm trees.
- Adhere fine sparkle gems to the light positions.
- Foam mount the gnome and the sign. Adhere to the front of the card.
If you enjoyed this beachy Christmas camper and gnome craft post, you might enjoy this thank you gnome card! It gives you all the details on how to make the tag featured on the Chocolate Slider Gift box.Product List
Thank you for stopping by today. I am excited to explore ways you can save time and organise your card making supplies so that busy card makers like you can make more cards, more often. That’s what it means to be ‘eager to stamp’!
Next on our Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop is the very talented Andrea Sargent. Click on the link below.