Today’s card features Calypso Coral and the Happy Forest Friends patterned papers to create this gratitude greeting card.
Have you seen the Happy Forest Friends patterned paper from Stampin’ Up?
OMG! It is adorable and features these adorable mushrooms in Calypso Coral.
Speaking of colour, you’ll find 10+ simple and creative card ideas using Calypso Coral to inspire your next crafting session in the Blog Hop below!
I am joining in with the Art With Heart Team’s Colour Creations Blog Hop with this Calypso Coral gratitude greeting card.
What you need
The Calypso Coral colour from Stampin’ Ups!® Subtle colour family is our focus and I colour coordinated with a Sahara Sand card base and Soft Suede details. The top layer has been decorated with patterned paper from Happy Forest Friends, a Calypso Coral border and the large mushroom image from the Kindest Gnomes stamp set.
You’re A Classic Card Recipe
It really is an easy card to make. Follow the instructions below.
- Begin with a Sahara Sand card base that has been embossed with the Timber 3D embossing folder. Round the bottom corners.
- Cut a 14.3 cm x 6 cm piece of patterned paper.
- Cut a 14.3 cm x 3 cm Calypso Coral card stock layer.
- Cut the border along the Calypso Coral card stock.
- Wrap a 60 cm piece of linen thread around the Calypso Coral piece and secure at the back with glue. Adhere to the bottom edge of the patterned paper.
- Adhere to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment on the bottom left of the card base.
- Cut a piece of Basic White card stock 7.5 cm x 6 cm and stamp the mushroom image in Soft Suede.
- Colour the mushroom image:
- Stem and underside of mushroom 1000. Go over the lines with light calypso coral and return with 1000 to blend.
- Top side of mushroom: Light calypso coral. Go over lines with dark calypso coral and return with light calypso coral to blend.
- Window frames and door: Light soft suede, then dark soft suede around door frame and ‘shadow areas’ of the door. Return with light soft suede to blend.
- Window and shadow: Light smoky slate.
- Cut a piece of calypso coral 8 cm x 6.5 cm and layer the mushroom image on top.
- Adhere foam mounts to this piece and adhere to the card front as shown.
And inside the card…Product List
Thank you for stopping by today. I am excited to explore ways you can save time and organise your card making supplies so that busy card makers like you can make more cards, more often. That’s what it means to be ‘eager to stamp’!
If you enjoyed this gratitude greeting card and would like to see more, check out these thank you crafts.
Next on our Calypso Coral Blog Hop is the very talented Christine Blain. Click on the link below.
If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Cathy Proctor’s blog.