Today’s card features a Gone Fishing fun fold using the Gone Fishing stamp set and coordinating patterned paper ‘Let’s Go Fishing’. Pecan Pie is a new Stampin’ Up! Core colour and today’s post is the final showcase of the new core colours.
In tonight’s Colour Creations Blog Hop you’ll find 10+ simple and creative card ideas using Lemon Lolly. Certainly everything you need to inspire your next crafting session!
Welcome to the Art With Heart Pecan Pie Colour Creations Blog Hop. We are thrilled to have you join us today. Our hop features some of your favorite Art With Heart Team Members sharing projects made with Stampin’ Up! products. In fact, you may have just come from fellow creative Kate Morgan’s blog, my wonderful upline!
I am joining in with the Art With Heart Team’s Colour Creations Blog Hop with this Gone Fishing Fun Fold card.
The Pecan Pie colour is a new addition to Stampin’ Ups!® Neutrals colour family and is our focus for today’s hop.
I have gone with a fun fold card that opens to reveal another card on the inside. The ‘Let’s Go Fishing’ patterned paper adds interest in the background, whilst a pop of blue ties the card together.
What You Need
- Stamps/Bundles: Gone Fishing
- Inks: Old Olive, Grey Granite
- Paper: Misty Moonlight, Old Olive, Pecan Pie, Let’s Go Fishing patterned paper, Basic White card stock
- Other: Nested Essentials dies, Twisted Rope 3D embossing folder, Bakers Twine
Gone Fishing Fun Fold Card Recipe
- Begin with a Pecan Pie card base (16 cm x 14.8 cm) and score at 10.5 cm to make a half fold card.
- Cut a piece of Pecan Pie (5 cm x 14.3 cm) and emboss with the Twisted Rope embossing folder.
- Cut a two pieces of Let’s Go Fishing patterned paper (5 cm x 14.3 cm).
- Adhere the embossed Pecan Pie to the small front opening.
- Adhere the patterned paper to the back of this card opening and on the inside back of the card base.
- Cut a piece of Basic White 20 cm x 13.8 cm. Score in half.
- Cut two pieces of Basic White 11.3 cm x 7.5 cm and two pieces of Misty Moonlight 11.8 cm x 8 cm.
- From Old Olive card stock cut two different sizes from the Nested Essential label dies.
- Stamp the Happy Father’s Day sentiment with Grey Granite on the Basic White card base, ensuring it opens from the right (opposite to normal).
- On one piece of Basic White card stock stamp four fly images in Grey Granite and splatter Grey Granite ink over the card stock. Put aside to dry.
- On the other piece of Basic White card stock stamp a fish image. Adhere both stamped Basic White card stock to the Misty Moonlight card stock
- On the Old Olive labels stamp the sentiments.
- Adhere the fish image layer to the Basic White card base, ensuring it opens from the right (opposite to normal). Adhere this card base to the inside back of the Pecan Pie card base. Complete the inner card by adhering the smaller Old Olive label, ensuring it doesn’t go past the Misty Moonlight layer.
- Line up the fly stamped layer with the fish stamped layer and adhere to the front card opening.
- Tussle a 30 cm length of Bakers Twine and adhere to the back of the larger Old Olive label, then adhere to the card front.
Thank you for stopping by today. I am excited to explore ways you can save time and organise your card making supplies so that busy card makers like you can make more cards, more often. That’s what it means to be ‘eager to stamp’!
Now onto more creative inspiration from fellow Art With Heart Team Member Sharon Davern! Click on the link below.
If the next button link is not working or you’d like to see the entire list of participants go to Cathy Proctor’s blog.